What is SUMMER CAMP?
Summer camp is a week long scouting experience where Boy Scouts can earn several merit badges of their choice while camping with their friends in their Troop. This gives the Scouts the chance to take part in activities that they might normally have trouble finding such as climbing courses, archery, or even just learning to swim in the camp lake. At the same time, this gives them a chance to break away from the modern tech-obsessed world to enjoy the timeless experience of living on the edge of the wilderness (even if we do make sure to feed them so they don’t have to suffer their own cooking). Boy Scout summer camp is the experience every Scouter should enjoy as they move forward in the program.
Camp Durant 2019 Summer Camp Information
|Site Reservation Fee:||$100.00||non-refundable
(does not apply to camper fees)
|Full week (4-7 days)
Rotating (daily fee)
Summit High Adventure:
- $550.00 (youth and adults)
- Bechtel Reserve, Beckley West Virginia (Adults and campers 13 and up)
- Interested in going to the Summit? – Summit Trek Information
- Summit Information Flyer
- Summit Trek Information
- Summit Trek Leader's Guide
- Summit Trek Participation Form
- Summit Trek Payment Form
Summer Camp Fee Schedule
|First Payment Due||Monday, April 2nd, 2019||$100 per scout|
|Second Payment Due||Wednesday, May 1st, 2019||$100 per scout|
|Final Payment||Monday, June 3rd, 2019||Balance Due for all Scouts and Leaders|
|Late Payment Fee||Begins June 4th, 2019||$30 additional for each attendee not paid in full|
|Facilities||Merit Badge Areas|
- Unit Rosters and CURRENT Medical Forms (with insurance card) due at check-in.
- Tour permits proof of Council Insurance – ALL out of council units.
To register your Troop to attend Camp Durant, please complete the Campsite Reservation Form (below), attach the $100 non-refundable campsite reservation fee and send to:
Occoneechee Council Service Center
Attention: Summer Camp
3231 Atlantic Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27604
Scouts that cannot attend with their Troops may submit a provisional registration form (below) to Camp Director, in order to register for a spot in the Provisional Troop during week 5.
Please direct all correspondence and questions regarding registration to the Council Service Center at 919-872-4884.
This summer Camp Durant will be offering the All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Training Program for Scouts. The Training course is an all-week, two-hour class that
teaches Scouts the proper way to ride ATV’s. During the week Scouts will be learning how to safely control and maintain an ATV while completing the ATV
Safety Rider Course. The course will be divided into two age groups.
Scouts must be the appropriate age by the time they arrive at camp, without exception.
Group 1: 14-15 years old Class Size: 4/session (2 sessions, morning and afternoon)
Group 2: 16 years old Class Size: 4/session (2 sessions, morning and afternoon)
Additional requirements are a hold-harmless agreement, long-sleeve shirt, long pants, and over-the-ankle boots.
Summer Camp Forms
- 2019 Camp Site Reservation Form
- 2019 Camp Staff Application
- 2019 Leader's Guide
- Allergy Procedures for a Food Safe Enviroment
- American Red Cross - Parental Consent for Blood Donation
- ATV Participation & Hold Harmless Agreement
- BSA Medical Form
- Camp Durant Map
- Camp Meal Plan
- Campership Request Form
- Cub Scout Resident Camp Leader's Guide
- Cub Scout Resident Camp Registration Instructions
- Cub Scout Webelos Resident Camp Flyer
- Merit Badge Session Worksheet
- Parental Consent Form
- Payment and Reconciliation Form
- Provisional Camper Form
- Reasonable Accommodation Request
- Summer Camp Unit Roster
- T-Shirt Pre-Order Form
- Unit Swim Classification Record