has a different flavor this year… read all about it HERE.
What is Summer Camp?
Summer camp is a week-long Scouting experience where Scouts can earn several merit badges of their choice while camping with their friends in their Troop. This gives the Scouts the chance to take part in activities that they might normally have trouble finding such as climbing courses, archery, or even just learning to swim in the camp lake. At the same time, this gives them a chance to break away from the modern tech-obsessed world to enjoy the timeless experience of living on the edge of the wilderness (even if we do make sure to feed them so they don’t have to suffer their own cooking). Scouts BSA summer camp is the experience every Scout should enjoy as they move forward in the program.
Want a bigger challenge?
Camp Durant 2020 Summer Camp Information
|Staff Week||June 14-20, 2020|
|Week 1||June 21-27, 2020|
|Week 2||June 28 – July 4, 2020|
|Week 3||July 5-11, 2020|
|Week 4||July 12-18, 2020|
|Week 5||July 19-25, 2020|
|Cub Scout Summer Camp||July 26-29, 2020|
|Site Reservation Fee:||$100.00||non-refundable
(does not apply to camper fees)
|Full week (4-7 days)
Rotating (daily fee for 1-3 days)
Summer Camp Fee Schedule
|First Payment Due||Wednesday, April 1st, 2020||$100 per scout|
|Second Payment Due||Friday, May 19th, 2020||$100 per scout|
|Final Payment||Monday, June 1st, 2020||Balance Due for all Scouts and Leaders|
|Late Payment Fee||Begins June 2nd, 2020||$30 additional for each attendee not paid in full|
- 2 person tents on raised platforms
- Air – Conditioned Dining Facilitiy, Trading Post, Grill
- New Waterfront Dock and Stem Center
- Electricity and lighting in all campsites (limited power)
- Hot showers and flush toilets in all campsites.
Merit Badge Areas
- Shooting Sports
- Outdoor Skills
- Trail to Eagle
- New Scout (Trailblazer)
- First Aid and CPR (challenge course)
- Safe Swim
- Safety Afloat
- Paddle Craft Safety
- Swimming/Water Rescue
- On-Line: Youth Protection, Trek Safely, Leave No Trace
- Climbing Instructor Level 1
- BSA Lifeguard
- Unit Rosters and CURRENT Medical Forms (with insurance card) due at check-in.
- Proof of Council Insurance – ALL out of council units.
To register your Troop to attend Camp Durant, please complete the Campsite Reservation Form (below), attach the $100 non-refundable campsite reservation fee and send to:
Occoneechee Council Service Center Attention: Summer Camp 3231 Atlantic Avenue Raleigh, NC 27604
Scouts that cannot attend with their Troops may submit a provisional registration form (below) to Camp Director, in order to register for a spot in the Provisional Troop during week 5.
Please direct all correspondence and questions regarding registration to the Council Service Center at:
This summer Camp Durant will be offering the All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Training Program for Scouts. The Training course is an all-week, two-hour class that teaches Scouts the proper way to ride ATV’s. During the week Scouts will be learning how to safely control and maintain an ATV while completing the ATV Safety Rider Course. The course will be divided into two age groups.
Scouts must be the appropriate age by the time they arrive at camp, without exception.
Group 1: 14-15 years old Class Size: 6/session (2 sessions, morning and afternoon)
Group 2: 16 years old Class Size: 6/session (2 sessions, morning and afternoon)
Additional requirements are a hold-harmless agreement, long-sleeve shirt, long pants, and over-the-ankle boots.
Summer Camp Forms
- 2020 Camp Site Reservation Form
- 2020 Cub Scout Leader's Guide
- 2020 Leaders Guide
- 2020 Session Schedule
- Allergy Procedures for a Food Safe Enviroment
- American Red Cross - Parental Consent for Blood Donation
- ATV Participation & Hold Harmless Agreement
- BSA Medical Form
- Camp Durant Map
- Camp Meal Plan
- Camp Staff Application
- Campership Funds Request
- Cub Scout Resident Camp Leader's Guide
- Cub Scout Resident Camp Registration Instructions
- Duty to God
- Honor Troop Award
- Merit Badge Session Worksheet
- Parental Consent Form
- Payment and Reconcilliation
- Provisional-Camper Application
- Reasonable Accommodation Request
- Scoutmaster Merit Badge
- Summer Camp Unit Roster
- T-Shirt Pre-Order Form
- Tomahawk Race
- Triathlon Race
- Unit Swim Classification Record