What is SUMMER CAMP?
Summer camp is a week long scouting experience where Boy Scouts can earn several merit badges of their choice while camping with their friends in their Troop. This gives the Scouts the chance to take part in activities that they might normally have trouble finding such as climbing courses, archery, or even just learning to swim in the camp lake. At the same time, this gives them a chance to break away from the modern tech-obsessed world to enjoy the timeless experience of living on the edge of the wilderness (even if we do make sure to feed them so they don’t have to suffer their own cooking). Boy Scout summer camp is the experience every Scouter should enjoy as they move forward in the program.
Camp Durant 2017 Summer Camp Information
- Staff Week – June 11 – 17, 2017
- Week 1 – June 18 – 24
- Week 2 – June 25 – July 1
- Week 3 – July 2 – 8
- Week 4 – July 9 – 15
- Week 5 – July 16 – 22
- Cub Webelos Resident Camp – July 23 – 26
Site Deposit: $100.00 – non-refundable (does not apply to camper fees)
Camp Durant Fee: $300.00 (no program fees)
- 1 free leader – 1-19 campers
- 2 free leaders – 20+ campers
- Additional Leaders – $110.00 each
- Extra Leaders – $40.00 each
Summit High Adventure:
- $550.00 (youth and adults) ($50.00 discount for scouts attending 2017 Jamboree)
- Interested in going to the Summit? – Click Here
Summer Camp Fee Schedule: Date Amount
- First Payment Due: April 1st – $100 per scout
- Second Payment Due: May 1st – $100 per scout
- Final Payment: June 1st – balance due
- Late Registrant Fee: To Be Determined
- Session Registration
- 2 person tents on platforms
- Air Conditioned Dining Facility, Trading Post, and Grille
- New Waterfront Dock and Stem Center
- Bechtel Reserve, Beckley West Virginia (Adults and campers 13 and up)
Merit Badge Areas:
- Shooting Sports
- Outdoor Skills
- Trail to Eagle
- Sports New Scout (trailblazer)
- First Aid and CPR (challenge course)
- Safe Swim
- Safety Afloat
- Paddle Craft Safely
- Swimming/Water Rescue
- On line: Youth Protection, Trek Safely, Leave No Trace.
- In Council Units
- BSA Lifeguard
- Unit Rosters and CURRENT Medical Forms (with insurance card) due at check-in.
- Tour permits proof of Council Insurance – ALL out of council units.
To register your Troop to attend Camp Durant, please complete the Campsite Reservation Form (below), attach the $100 non-refundable campsite reservation deposit and send to:
Occoneechee Council Service Center
Attention: Summer Camp
3231 Atlantic Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27604
Scouts that cannot attend with their Troops may submit a provisional registration form (below) to Camp Director, in order to register for a spot in the Provisional Troop during week 5.
Please direct all correspondence and questions regarding registration to the Council Service Center at 919-872-4884.
This summer Camp Durant will be offering the All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Training
Program for Scouts. The Training course is an all-week, two-hour class that
teaches Scouts the proper way to ride ATV’s. During the week Scouts will be
learning how to safely control and maintain an ATV while completing the ATV
Safety Rider Course. The course will be divided into two age groups.
Scouts must be the appropriate age by the time they arrive at camp, without
Group 1: 14-15 years old Class Size: 4/session (2 sessions, morning and
Group 2: 16 years old Class Size: 4/session (2 sessions, morning and afternoon)
Additional requirements are a hold-harmless agreement, long-sleeve shirt, long pants, and over-the-ankle boots.
Summer Camp Forms
- Allergy Procedures for a Food Safe Enviroment
- American Red Cross - Parental Consent for Blood Donation
- Boy Scout Leader’s Guide 2017
- BSA Medical Form
- Campership Request Form
- Campsite Assignments/Availability
- Campsite Registration Form 2017
- Merit Badge Session Schedule 2017
- Payment and Reconciliation Form
- Provisional Camper Registration Form 2017
- Staff Application - 2017 Summer Camp